To learn more about becoming a CoSN and TETL member, click https://www.cosn.org/membership/institutional-membership
Annual membership is based on a calendar year from July 1st to June 30th.
TETL is a non-profit association of chief technology officers from Texas schools and the state chapter of the national Consortium for School Networking [CoSN]. Our purpose is to assist Texas K-12 School districts in understanding how to plan for the use and successful implementation of information technology in Texas school districts and advocate for districts technology needs to improve student learning. We are an institutional membership organization open to K-12 school districts. Other education agencies and other interested parties in the state of Texas may join as affiliate educator or affiliate corporate members. Individuals with an interest in educational technology issues, such as recent retirees, graduate students, or ed tech consultants can also become members. The primary audience will be the Chief Technology Officer (CTO)* of K-12 districts. To join TETL, organizations must first join CoSN. Once membership payments have been made, CoSN notifies the Council and the Council notifies the member that they can create their online TX K12 CTO Council account.
Join us to learn more about the essential knowledge and skills of being a chief technology officer!
- Network with colleagues from around the state online and face-to-face
- Save about $500 on registration fees by becoming a member
- Receive free access to state and national Student Privacy Alliance networks
- Opportunities to build your own professional capacity
- Receive free technical advice from experts
- Opportunities to participate in collaborative projects across the state
- Access to national and local legislative updates
- Have a voice in legislative issues
- Access to white papers and national data trends
- Collaborate and socialize with the BEST CTOs in the state!
Categories of CoSN and TETL Membership
Institutional Membership in the CoSN/TETL Chapter offers a unique team structure: all leaders in the school district can take advantage of the membership at no additional cost. School districts, educational service agencies, charter or private schools, state departments of education, colleges and universities, or other associations can join CoSN as institutional members.
*The Chapter recognizes that job titles vary from district to district, but the term Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will be used to represent the lead person that is responsible for the maintenance and operations of technology in K-12 school districts.
TETL Meeting Information
- Three in-person meetings are held each year, in January, June, and October. There is no cost for CTOs to attend the meetings. Breakfast and lunch are typically provided at no extra cost. Monthly meetings are held via video conference calls.
- Meeting dress code is business casual.
- Meetings consist of peer and vendor presentations, networking opportunities, and subcommittee meetings.
CoSN and TETL Dues
|Membership Categories||Annual CoSN Dues||Annual Texas State Dues|
|-||Free for 1st Year and $25 for each additional year|
Tech Transitions Membership
Free for 1st Year
How to renew your CoSN Membership Online Via Credit Card
Log in to your account with the profile icon in the upper right hand of the page. (If you would like to pay with a PO, please send the PO to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Select your Organization/Company Profile when prompted.
Click on the profile icon again
4. Select My Profile.
5. Click on the Membership tab
6. Click on the Renew Link