Details of the new Texas State Matching Fund are below. You can find out more news about the Classroom Connectivity initiative here.
Texas State Matching Fund:
- Authorized by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) though the Second E-rate Modernization Order
- Appropriated by the 85th Texas State Legislature in June 2017
- Provides $25 million of state funds for E-rate eligible Category 1 special construction costs
- State matching funds reduce the local funding share for E-rate approved Category 1 special construction projects by providing a dollar-for-dollar match. Therefore, if Texas provides $25 million, the FCC will provide $25 million.
- LEAs with an E-rate discount of 80% to 90% can have their E-rate approved Category 1 special construction project fully funded.
- LEAs with an E-rate discount rate less than 80% can receive an additional 20% of their approved project costs.
- Available for the E-rate Funding Year 17 and Funding Year 18 cycles
- More detailed information is available on our Texas State Match Fund FAQ and Texas State Match Fund Application Process page.